Edmonton EXPO Centre Social Media Terms of Engagement
The Edmonton EXPO Centre monitors social media comments relating to venue initiatives and events for the purposes of responding to questions, providing additional information and resources, promoting events and services, and supporting other divisions of Explore Edmonton Corporation.
The purpose of comments is to facilitate a relevant, timely dialogue with community stakeholders and the public. The Edmonton EXPO Centre strives to respond to relevant questions and comments in a timely manner.
Our social media channels are a space for civil discussions, questions, and content that contributes to the original post.
Trolls and trolling comments will not be permitted. Users who post disruptive or repetitive statements that hijack or derail the conversation may see their comments removed. The comments or content contributed should be constructive, helpful, or insightful. Violation of these terms of engagement may result in limited or blocked access.
Content or behavior of the following nature may result in comments being removed, and limited or blocked access:
- Comments not topically related to our services, events or programs.
- Comments that are offensive to an individual or organization, profane, hateful or defamatory, insulting, rude, abusive, aggressive or violent
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, creed, gender, marital status, socio-economic status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Messages for advertising/marketing purposes
- Messages that contain spam, including repetitive posts made on one or more EEDC divisional pages
- Messages that conduct or encourage illegal activity
- Messages that invade personal privacy
- Information that could compromise public safety or security, or operations
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
- Unintelligible or irrelevant messages
- Messages that do not add to the normal flow of conversation, dialogue or debate.
The Edmonton EXPO Centre is not responsible for any use of material posted by users. We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time.