- This event has passed.
November 7 - November 11
This year, Farmfair International is proud to welcome international buyers from the Commonwealth of Independent States, European Union, Latin America, North America, Oceania and South America, in addition to local ranchers.
Visitors are entertained, educated and engaged with beefed-up purebred and commercial cattle shows, world class equine sales, competitions, and clinics. Guests can enjoy a wide variety of western excitement, including stock dog trials, the Heritage Ranch Rodeo and more.
In the RAM Country Marketplace visitors can find anything and everything uniquely western and shop for leather goods, saddles, apparel, home decor, food and art. This unique exhibit also showcases western art works in the Western Art Gallery, livestock trailers and agriculture-related equipment and machinery.
Heritage Ranch Rodeo
Sixteen working ranches from across Western Canada will compete for top honours in the 14th Annual Heritage Ranch Rodeo. Traditional ranching methods—originally developed many years ago and still used today—will be transformed into exciting events that demonstrate the lifestyle and skills associated with the cattle ranching industry. Please stay tuned for details regarding dates and times.
These events include:
- Wild Cow Milking – a four man timed event representing how to rope a cow in the middle of pasture to help a calf drink.
- Team Sorting – a four man timed event where cattle must be sorted and penned.
- California Branding – a four man timed event where a calf must be roped and branded.
- Team Doctoring – a four man timed event representing how to rope and treat a sick animal in the pasture.
- Stray Gathering – a four man timed event where two stray steers are roped.
- Bronc Riding – a judged event where the contestant must ride a bucking horse for as long as they can for a maximum of eight seconds. Points will be awarded for the difficulty of the horse and also for the degree of aggressiveness, control, and exposure demonstrated by the rider.