Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.
We are seeking a customer focussed and detailed-oriented Event Coordinator to join our event services team!
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Responding to client inquiries, determining expectations and delivering an event plan for implementation
- Professionally representing the department and venue by participating in and/or conducting site visits, production meetings and on-site client events
- Maintaining accurate and up to date event plans and creating service orders for all events with correct information for internal and contractor purposes
- Various administrative tasks for Department including but not limited to meeting minutes, Electronic Signage updates, and storage and procedural updates
- Effectively addressing client satisfaction or concerns with the Senior Manager, Event Services and responds to the client in a timely fashion
Our successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education or certificate in Event Management or related field an asset
- 2 years’ experience in a position of event planning, or client services an asset
- Working knowledge of AGLC, OH&S and Fire Marshall Codes
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal, communications and customer service skills
- Experience in a venue management system (USI or other) considered an asset
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals (working within tight timelines)
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by March 2nd by clicking on the APPLY link.