Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square-foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton EXPO Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre we are passionate culinarians who combine our devotion for the details, unbridled creativity, and commitment to our guests in delivering experiences worth celebrating. We are seeking a Cook 2 who has a knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, high volume production, sanitation, and presentation to share this passion.
Under the direction of the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef, the Cook 2 will play a key role in the smooth operation of the kitchen. The Cook 2 is devoted to all aspects of food preparation and the timely production of Hot & Cold Foodstuffs, ensuring food is prepared according to food safe standards and EXPO specifications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing, seasoning and cooking soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption both safely and following EXPO specifications
- Feeling, tasting and examining appearance of food prepared and cooked and informs staff of necessary adjustments
- Managing food quality and productivity by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste.
- Ensuring that the Mise en place is ready for the next day according to expectations and demands
- Assisting other employees when required with culinary production, banquet setup, and assisting on action stations (carving).
- Taking on other duties when assigned by Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a high-volume kitchen or banquet operational experience
- Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Cook Certification
- Post Secondary education in culinary or hospitality management
- Excellent organizational, multi tasking and prioritization skills
- Being comfortable in a fast-paced environment will be essential
- Superb verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed sense of taste and smell will be an asset
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by May 31, 2019. Please click on the APPLY button to submit your resume.