Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre we are passionate culinarians who combine our devotion for the details, unbridled creativity, and commitment to our guests in delivering experiences worth celebrating. We are seeking a Commis 1 who has a knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, high volume production, sanitation, and presentation to share this passion.
Under the direction of the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef, the Commis 1 will play a key role in the smooth operation of the kitchen. The Commis 1 is devoted to all aspects of food preparation and the timely production of Hot & Cold Foodstuffs, ensuring food is prepared according to food safe standards and EXPO specifications.
- Prepare, season and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption both safely and following EXPO specifications
- Feels, tastes and examines appearance of food prepared and cooked and informs staff of necessary adjustments
- Manages food quality and productivity by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste.
- Ensure that the Mise en place is ready for the next day according to expectations and demands
- Assist other employees when required with culinary production, banquet setup, and assisting on action stations (carving).
- Take on other duties when assigned by Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a high-volume kitchen of banquet operation
- Post-secondary education, with a degree in culinary or hospitality management preferred
- Food safety certification required
- Red Seal Journeyman Cook Certification Required
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to assess operations, prioritize and multi task multiple services and timelines, and respond constructively to changing requirements and service or quality issues
We offer our Employees opportunities for personal and professional growth, benefits, complimentary and discounted food, free parking and a chance to be a part many exciting events and activities happening in Edmonton.
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities prior to May 31, 2019 by clicking on the APPLY link.