Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way”, “Make an Impact, “and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square-foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton EXPO Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
We are seeking energetic and customer service focused Casual Labourers to join our team. Reporting to the Manager, Building Services, the Casual Labourer is responsible for the preparation and conversion of the venue for events; general maintenance of the building and providing assistance with the day-to-day building operations and needs.
Our successful candidates will be eager, hardworking and passionate by taking pride in a job well done. You will have the ability to:
- Meet the shift working requirements of the assigned property; shifts may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Work in all weather conditions
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Adapt to change and take direction appropriately
- Be professional and helpful when in contact with clients and guests
- Work in a fast-paced environment, handle stressful situations appropriately and adhere to long periods of standing, walking, pushing, heavy lifting and grasping
- Lift heavy equipment and materials that are up to 22kg (50lbs)
Previous experience in the hospitality industry in convention or trade facilities is an asset.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by June 11, 2019. Click on APPLY button below to submit your resume.
Position covered by the Collective Agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), Local 30