Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
About the Venue
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre we are passionate culinarians who combine our devotion for the details, unbridled creativity, and commitment to our guests in delivering experiences worth celebrating. We are seeking a dynamic, talented Bar Supervisor with a passion for people to join our team.
About the Role
As a Bar Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing and ensuring the customer receives the highest quality of services. You’ll work within our close-knit Banquets team to deliver unforgettable experiences to our guests and clients. Working alongside the Manager, Banquets, you’ll supervise the bar team to bring out the best in all team members, maintain the highest of standards and strive to achieve consistent results and positive guest feedback.
- Previous experience in working on a bar or in the food and beverage industry along with 1+ years in a supervisory position
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both your team and colleagues
- Food & Beverage knowledge and knowledge of all bar products
- A natural leader that knows how to empower and motivate a team.
- Willing to go the extra mile for our guests and team members
- A positive team member who enjoys their work
Above all it’s essential that you:
- Can plan, organize and delegate effectively, as you and your team will be delivering for a large variety of events and occasions
- Will be committed to achieving high standards every day, making you a real asset to the Banquets team
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by clicking on the link below.