Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square-foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton EXPO Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
We are looking for a friendly, customer-service focused individual with demonstrated leadership skills to join our Banquet team. The Banquet Captain is responsible for the efficient and effective planning and execution of banquet functions. The Banquet Captain plays a critical role in ensuring the needs and expectations the guests are met by providing exceptional service and creating the ultimate customer experience.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Delegating duties to supervisors and staff
- Ensuring all team members are accounted for, logging absentee employees, and reorganizing staff to cover deficiencies
- Enforcing policies and procedures with staff members
- Providing feedback on staff schedules
- Suggesting performance management strategies to Bar/Banquet Manager
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years’ Banquet experience, preferable in a large hotel or convention centre
- Valid ProServe
- Valid Food Safety Certificate
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multitask
- Superior customer service and communication skills
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities no later than September 3, 2019, by clicking on the APPLY link.