Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Delegating duties to supervisors and staff
- Ensuring all team members are accounted for, logging absentee employees, and reorganizing staff to cover deficiencies
- Enforcing policies and procedures with staff members
- Providing feedback on staff schedules
- Suggesting performance management strategies to Bar/Banquet Manager
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years’ Banquet experience, preferable in a large hotel or convention centre
- Valid ProServe
- Valid Food Safety Certificate
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multitask
- Superior customer service and communication skills
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities no later than November 16, 2019, by clicking on the APPLY link.