Assistant Chief Kitchen Steward
Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.
- Providing strong leadership for the steward team members to ensure the team has the necessary resources to meet job satisfaction and service quality
- Ensuring the upkeep and preservation of the ware washing room(s), storage room(s), and food preparation room(s)
- Ensuring that all the dishwashers and cleaning tools are operating at their optimum potential
- Ensuring that all service stations, clearing stations and food plating areas are set and ready for their purpose—ensures tables and needed equipment are present
- Ensuring that all requisitions from the banquet, culinary and other departments are completed and positioned accordingly.
- Assisting the Chief Steward to complete regular equipment and inventory counts
Our successful candidate will have:
- 4 years of experience working in a hotel/convention setting in a supervisory position
- A post-secondary degree in Hospitality Management or related program would be considered an asset
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Knowledge of health and safety, food safety, WHMIS and MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including mornings, evenings, and weekends
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by clicking on the APPLY link. Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.