Alcohol Service Monitor
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
We are looking to hire customer service focused Alcohol Service Monitors to join our team. We offer our Employees opportunities for personal and professional growth, benefits, complimentary and discounted food, free parking and a chance to be a part many exciting events and activities happening in Edmonton.
As a vital member of the security team you will be providing general monitoring of licensed premises during events. Your main duties will include:
- Providing a welcoming environment for staff, guests and clients at events being held at Edmonton Expo Centre
- Monitoring guests and staff to ensure all house policies and AGLC regulations are being followed.
- Documenting incidents in relation to alcohol service and customer related incidents
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The successful candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid ProServe and ProTect certification
- Minimum 6 months experience working in a service-related industry preferred
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Calm and professional presence in a fast-paced, customer service environment, while handling stressful situations
- Excellent observation, problem solving and make decision making skills
- The ability to obtain valid first aid Level C/AED certification
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities before May 31, 2019 by click on the link below to APPLY.