Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
Our security team works hard to avert losses and protect clients, guests, employees and the property and we are seeking a professional, customer service focused Event Security to join our team. We offer our Employees opportunities for personal and professional growth, benefits, complimentary and discounted food, free parking and a chance to be a part many exciting events and activities happening in Edmonton.
As a vital member of the security team your main duties and responsibilities will be providing general venue security to mitigate and prevent any real or potential security and safety risks to our facilities, clients, guests and staff. Your duties will include;
- Providing a safe and welcoming environment for staff, guests and clients
- Actively monitoring and responding to alarms, crowd dynamics, individual behaviour and safety issues
- Enforcing policies and procedures
- Monitoring and acting as a resource for staff and guests
- Supporting organizational communication through chain of command reporting
- Investigating, reporting and documenting incidents
- Maintaining accurate and detailed records of safety issues, incidents and events
The successful candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid SSIA License,
- ProServe and ProTect certification
- Minimum 6 months working in a service related industry
- Ability to work a variety of shift times based on events.
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced, customer service environment, while handling stressful situations in a timely, professional manner
- Problem solve and make rational decisions
- Work with minimal supervision
- Stand for extended periods of time and transport material up to 22.5 KG
- Superior verbal and written communication skill
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities before July 10, 2019 by click on the link below to APPLY.