We are committed to respecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. We are committed to meeting or exceeding the privacy standards established by federal and provincial legislation. Our information handling policies comply with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
Definition of personal information
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual and relates specifically to you. This information includes your age, gender, social insurance number, income, marital status, race, ethnic origin, nationality, religious or political beliefs, medical information, education, employment or criminal records, employee files, loan or credit records, internet browsing logs, etc.
What is not covered in the definition
Personal information does not include information that is required to contact you at a place of business, such as your name, position, title, business address, business phone number, business fax or business e-mail address.
How do we use your personal information
In order to provide you with information on relevant products, services and special offers that may be of benefit to you, we may collect contact information that could be used to contact you such as full name, postal address, phone number and e-mail address as well as your computer’s unique IP address, credit and debit card numbers, gender, purchase history and age.
To whom do we disclose your personal information
- When required by court order.
- Our partners or 3rd party agents responsible for administering programs, promotions or offers.
- Legal council retained by the company.
When can we disclose your personal information
We can only disclose your personal information if we have your explicit consent or:
- Where there is a contract and the information is required.
- When we are required or permitted to do so by law.
How do we protect your personal information
Appropriate security safeguards have been developed and implemented to protect all personal and confidential information. Physical safeguards include locked file cabinets and restricted access to file or server rooms. Technological safeguards include the use of passwords, encryption and firewalls to ensure that electronic data is secure.
Our commitment to you
- We will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purposes other than those that we identify to you.
- We will keep your personal information only as long as we need to fulfill the stated purpose or as long as is required by law.
- We will maintain our personal information in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as possible.
- We will safeguard your personal information to the best of our ability.
- We will respond to any request that you make to access or correct the personal information that we collect about you.
- We will obtain the appropriate consent from you for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- You have the right to access your own personal information.
- You have the right to request that errors be corrected in your personal information.
- You have the right to obtain information about the way in which personal information is used by Edmonton EXPO Centre.
- You have the right to obtain the name of individuals and organizations to who our personal information has been disclosed.
- You have the right to refuse to allow us to obtain, use or share certain personal information or you can withdraw a previously given consent at any time.
Interest-Based Online Advertising and Google Analytics
- We use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender and interests to better understanding the behavior of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on this website or other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
- You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. Because those opt-out and preference control pages are specific to the individual browser used to visit it, and because that page is not operated by the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we are unable to perform the opt-outs on your behalf.