Pastry Chef de Partie
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More in our fully customizable 522,000 square feet with endless event possibilities. The Edmonton EXPO Centre is a powerful economic catalyst, providing authentic experiences and limitless opportunities in the most imaginative event space in Canada. As the largest venue of its kind outside of Toronto, we host some of the grandest and most impactful events in the country. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Edmonton EXPO Centre has a mandate of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From large scale trade and consumer shows to concerts, fairs, national sporting events, conferences, business meetings and celebrations of every kind, the Edmonton EXPO Centre has deep roots in the community as a space to come together for amazing experiences.
With a vision to be one of North America’s top performing venues, we help our clients imagine the event possibilities and we provide the canvas to make it happen. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.”
We are searching for a dedicated and customer service focused Pastry – Chef de Partie to join our team. This role will assist the Pastry Chef in creating a smooth day-to day operation of the kitchen by leading members of the Culinary team at the Edmonton EXPO Centre. Outstanding planning, preparation and presentation of food within their team will be of the utmost importance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and executing all pastry and bakery menus
- Ensuring that the mise en place is ready for the next day according to demands
- Maintaining organization, timeliness and delivery of all food that is prepared by the team
- Providing direction and assistance to their team of cooks, this individual will ensure full utilization of employee capabilities and skill sets
- Acting as a role model to department members by providing daily observations, direction and assistance to the team, as well as members of the management team
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment for their employees to flourish in. Establishing good working relationships with other departments will be essential for efficient operation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 6-7 years’ experience in a high volume kitchen or banquet operational experience
- Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Cook Certification
- Degree in culinary or hospitality management
- Excellent organizational, multi tasking and prioritization skills
- Being comfortable in a fast-paced environment will be essential.
- Superb verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed sense of taste and smell will be an asset
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by April7, 2019. Click on the link below to apply