Parking Attendant Supervisor
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
We are looking to recruit energetic, positive, customer service focused Parking Attendant Supervisors to join our team. We offer our Employees opportunities for personal and professional growth, benefits, complimentary and discounted food, free parking and a chance to be a part many exciting events and activities happening in Edmonton.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, the Parking Attendant Supervisor is responsible for the direct and indirect supervision of parking attendants to ensure the safe, efficient operations of our parking facilities and to ensure our guests and client needs. This is a part-time event- based position, shifts vary by event including weekdays, evenings and/or weekends.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Staff training, coaching, mentoring and general staff management to ensure that staff provide the best in first impressions and customer service standards
- Assigning work areas and delegating tasks to parking attendants
- Assigning breaks and assisting in scheduling
Parking Facility Operations:
- Activate/de-activate gate control arms at cashier booths
- Completing daily schedule and post-event reports
- Lift, position and remove barricades and signs to open or close parking areas
- Assisting employees in resolving problems, completing work and provide relief
- Monitoring surroundings to detect potential safety hazards.
- Reporting any unusual security situations or equipment malfunctions
Our successful candidates will have:
- Excellent customer service, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work with the public and clients and handle stressful situations appropriately
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to long periods of standing
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays daytime, evening & weekends
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must posses a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have prior supervisory experience
- Must satisfactorily pass a Drivers Abstract check
- Must be able to work outdoors in all elements, stand for long periods of time and lift 10 Kg
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by May 1st, 2019. Please click on the APPLY button to submit your resume.