Pastry Commis 1
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More in our fully customizable 522,000 square feet with endless event possibilities. The Edmonton EXPO Centre is a powerful economic catalyst, providing authentic experiences and limitless opportunities in the most imaginative event space in Canada. As the largest venue of its kind outside of Toronto, we host some of the grandest and most impactful events in the country. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Edmonton EXPO Centre has a mandate of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From large scale trade and consumer shows to concerts, fairs, national sporting events, conferences, business meetings and celebrations of every kind, the Edmonton EXPO Centre has deep roots in the community as a space to come together for amazing experiences.
With a vision to be one of North America’s top performing venues, we help our clients imagine the event possibilities and we provide the canvas to make it happen. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.”
We are searching for a passionate and dedicated Pastry Commis 1 to join our team. This role will assist the Pastry Demi Chef de Partie and Chef de Partie to lead and manage the quality and quantity of the Pastry department. Additionally, the Pastry Commis 1 will be responsible for the coordination, production, and execution of pastries for banquets and functions at the Edmonton EXPO Centre. Outstanding planning, preparation and presentation of food within their team will be of the utmost importance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the production of pastries as it relates to banquets and functions
- Ensuring that food is prepared according to Alberta Health Services standards
- Managing food quality and productivity by keeping detailed records and minimizing waste
- Ensuring that the mise en place is ready for the next day according to expectations and demands
- Maintaining Daily Opening and Closing Checklists & Temperature Logs
- Take on other duties when assigned by Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Pastry Chef
- Assisting team when required with culinary production, banquet setup, and action stations (carving)
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a high-volume kitchen or banquet operations
- Post-secondary education with a degree in Culinary or Hospitality Management preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to assess operations, prioritize and multi task multiple services and timelines
- Innovative problem-solving skills
- Food Safety Certification
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by May 31, 2019. Click on the link below to apply