Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square-foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton EXPO Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
We are seeking energetic and customer service focused Kitchen Stewards to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Steward, the Steward will be responsible for performing the daily kitchen and stewarding duties at the Edmonton EXPO Centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all culinary and concession and corridor areas are cleaned and sanitized
- Cleaning, sanitizing and organizing all wash areas and equipment
- Sorting, polishing, cleaning and storing all dishware and silverware
- Ensuring all waste is disposed of efficiently and appropriately
The successful candidate will have:
- High school diploma an asset
- 1-year experience in a Hotel/Convention setting with a medium to large commercial kitchen
- Ability to stand stand, walk, push, and lift for extended periods of time
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a fast paced and stressful environment
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by May 31, 2019. Please click on the APPLY button to submit your resume.