Executive Pastry Chef Arthur Chen
Chef Arthur Chen is an award-winning Pastry Chef with more than 25 years of experience and multiple accolades and awards in the pastry kitchen. Arthur began working as a pastry trainee at the Sheraton Hotel, Shanghai in 1987. Influenced by French and American pastry chefs, Arthur quickly developed his talent and distinguished himself by creating masterful designs. As a participant and coach of Culinary Team Canada over the last decade, he continues to push for excellence and give back to the Culinary community with his time and mentorship.
Arthur’s extensive experience has brought him around the world. He has showcased artistic themes in his beautiful showpieces in China, the United States, Vancouver and most recently in Kelowna as the Executive Pastry Chef at the Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre before joining the Edmonton EXPO Centre team.
Throughout his flourishing culinary career, Chen has traveled around the world to participated in various culinary competitions. Some of his honours and accolades include:
- A silver medal with Team Canada at the 2013 Dubai World Hospitality Championships
- Two gold medals coaching Team Canada at the 2008 World Culinary Championships in Germany
- Two gold medals and second place overall with Team Canada at the 2007 Chicago American Culinary Classic
- Two gold medals, a first-place win in the Hot Kitchen category and second place overall with Team Canada at the 2006 World Masters in Basil, Swiss
- Two gold medals at the 2006 World Culinary Cup in Luxembourg
- Five gold medals with Team Canada and Team BC at the 2000 Culinary Olympics in Germany