Edmonton Economic Development Corp (EEDC) is now Explore Edmonton Corporation. As Edmonton’s visitor economy and venue management organization, we tell our City’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and generate inbound visitation.
Explore Edmonton promotes our city as a four-season destination with a determined focus:
- Purpose: Increase the economic impact of the visitor-based economy in Edmonton.
- Mission: To showcase and inspire more people to visit Edmonton for exceptional experiences, while also enriching the quality of life for residents and creating economic prosperity.
- Vision: Edmonton will be a destination of choice, delivering year-round transformational visitor & guest experiences.
Across our Visitor Economy, Venue Management and Shared Services groups, our people embody the spirit of Edmonton: open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. With two world-class venues, the know-how to enhance, execute and support major sport and cultural events, and the commitment to developing products and experiences that are authentic to Edmonton, we strive to make Edmonton unforgettable.
About our Venues
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
If you’re a passionate about Edmonton and committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience for guests and visitors, we want you to join our team!
We are currently seeking energetic, friendly, passionate and, customer service driven Guest Experience Event Staff to help us deliver superior quality events at the Edmonton EXPO Centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Welcoming guests, clients and staff with courtesy, professionalism, and a positive attitude
- Providing a great first impression of the Edmonton EXPO Centre
- Maintaining knowledge of the venue and surrounding area
- Providing direction and assistance when required
- Conducting in-person ticket sales at Box Office locations
- Organizing and distributing “will-call” tickets
- Balancing and accounting for cash and credit card receipts from sales transactions
The successful candidate will have:
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, with a passion for customer service
- Previous customer service experience is considered an asset
- Excellent problem solving and positive decision-making skills
- A commitment to quality, with a good presence and sense of direction
- Diplomacy and tact when handling sensitive situations and information
- An ability to work well both independently and within a collaborative team environment with the flexibility to change with new ideas that are introduced
- Knowledge of the City of Edmonton and local attractions is considered an asset
- An ability to work shift work; daytime, evenings, weekends, and holidays
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please apply with your resume, letting us know why this position interests you by October 26, 2020. Please click on the APPLY button to submit your resume.