Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events.
We are looking for friendly, energetic, candidates with exceptional customer service skills to join our guest experience team. The Event Staff’s core responsibility is to consistently create an informative and positive impression of the Edmonton EXPO Centre, and contribute to the guests and clients experience.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Welcoming guests, clients and staff with courtesy, professionalism and a positive attitude
- Providing a great first impression of the Edmonton EXPO Centre
- Maintaining knowledge of the venue and surrounding area
- Providing direction and assistance when required
- Conducting in-person ticket sales at Box Office locations
- Organizing and distributing “will-call” tickets
- Balancing and accounting for cash and credit card receipts from sales transactions
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, with a passion for customer service
- Previous customer service experience is considered an asset
- Excellent problem solving and positive decision-making skills
- A commitment to quality, with a good presence and sense of direction
- Diplomacy and tact when handling sensitive situations and information
- An ability to work well both independently and within a collaborative team environment with the flexibility to change with new ideas that are introduced
- Knowledge of the City of Edmonton and local attractions is considered an asset
- An ability to work shift work; daytime, evenings, weekends and holidays
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities no later than February 4, 2019.