Director, Facility Operations
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy. EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square-foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton EXPO Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
Are you are a strategic thinking, collaborative leader, who is looking to make an impact? If so we are seeking a Director, Facility Operations to oversee the maintenance and operations of our facility, systems and grounds and the planning and implementation of future modifications.
The Director of Facility Operations is responsible for the overall oversight and operation of the building, building systems and grounds; including the overall management of building projects, managing of capital assets and Safety and Security services.
This position is also responsible for providing leadership in developing collaborative teams as well as providing strategic planning and recommendations on renewal projects that will help support the strategic vision of the EXPO Centre.
As the Director, Facilities & Operations you will serve as a liaison with other departments and external stakeholders and as a key member of the Edmonton EXPO Centre’s Strategy Team, you will assist in developing the strategic direction to position the division for success.
The Director of Facility Operations will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the highest level of service and safety standards and procedures are consistently applied
- Actively demonstrating and promoting the stewarding of financial and organizational resources
- Being accountable for strategic planning, targets, analysis, progress tracking and reporting on departmental goals and objectives
- Preparing department operating budget forecasts including annual facility operations, maintenance and repair, deferred maintenance, utility, and equipment replacement
- Ensuring compliance with established purchasing procedures and liaising with the Purchasing Department for contracts supporting Facility Services operations including service contacts, supply contracts, maintenance and other contracts.
- Overseeing the crafting of annual department objective and priorities
- Maintaining accurate and up to date forecasts and expenditures
- Initiating, executing, and collaborating with the City of Edmonton, EEDC and EXPO
- Overseeing regulatory compliance to all applicable federal and provincial regulations / standards / codes (including OHS)
- Growing and developing strong departmental leadership
- Leading and motivating managers to achieve and exceed productivity goals and objectives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of applicable federal, provincial and local laws, codes and regulations
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations
- Ability to establish department goals and objectives that support the strategic plan
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train others
- Commitment to EEDC core values
The successful candidate will have:
- Targeted job related education such as a Degree in (engineering, architectural, business) or diploma (civil, building construction, electrical, mechanical or architectural technology) in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 – 7 years in Facilities Management (Maintenance & Operations, Project Management, Facility planning)
- Experience in a public facing organization is an asset
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities.
Note: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Click on the APPLY NOW button to submit your resume.