Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre we are passionate culinarians who combine our devotion for the details, unbridled creativity, and commitment to our guests in delivering experiences worth celebrating. We are looking for skilled Culinary Specialists to help us prepare delicious meals according to menu.
THE OPPORTUNITY (Temporary, Event Based)
Are you passionate about serving quality food and providing exceptional customer service? Under the directions of the Executive Chef, the Culinary Specialist will have the opportunity to prepare food for our guests using fresh, locally sourced ingredients. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
You must be adept in moving around the kitchen and skilled in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
This is a temporary event based opportunity, hours vary based on need.
- Prepare, season and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption both safely and following EXPO specifications
- Ensure that the Mise en place is ready for the next day according to expectations and demands
- Assist other employees when required with culinary production, banquet setup, and assisting on action stations (carving).
- Take on other duties when assigned by Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef with the right delegations
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 7 – 10 years high volume kitchen or banquet operational experience required
- Post-secondary education, with a degree in culinary or hospitality management preferred; Red Seal or Chef de Cuisine would be considered an asset
- Food Safety Certification
- Basic Knife Skills
- Must possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to assess operations, prioritize and multi task multiple services and timelines, and respond constructively to changing requirements and service or quality issues.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and stressful environment. Will be required to stand for extended periods, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 22 KG.
We Offer Our Employees Opportunities for Personal and Professional Growth, Benefits, Complimentary and Discounted Food, Free Parking and A Chance to Be A Part of Many Exciting Events and Activities Happening in Edmonton.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.