Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.
- Supervise the Kitchen Stewards in the cleaning and sanitizing of all flatware, glassware, silverware and the maintenance of cleaning tools and supplies and storing them in designated areas
- Lead Stewarding team members to capitalize on their full potential; ensures team has necessary resources to meet job satisfaction and service quality, and provides positive guidance to team members
- Ensure the upkeep and preservation of the ware washing room(s), chinaware storage room, cleaning/non-cleaning storage room and food preparation rooms
- Maintain all service stations, clearing stations and food plating areas so they are ready for their purpose
- Assists other supervisors when required with right direction and expectation from Chief Steward
Our successful candidate will have:
- Conversational level of the English Language – Excellent verbal and written
- Demonstrated computer knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office programs
- 4 years’ experience working in an Hotel/Convention setting with medium to large commercial kitchen
- Post Secondary degree in Hospitality Management or related program would be considered an asset
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Knowledge of health and safety, food safety, and understands the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- Flexible work schedule with ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by clicking on the APPLY link. Position will remain open until filled.