Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More in our fully customizable 522,000 square feet with endless event possibilities. The Edmonton EXPO Centre is a powerful economic catalyst, providing authentic experiences and limitless opportunities in the most imaginative event space in Canada. As the largest venue of its kind outside of Toronto, we host some of the grandest and most impactful events in the country. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Edmonton EXPO Centre has a mandate of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From large scale trade and consumer shows to concerts, fairs, national sporting events, conferences, business meetings and celebrations of every kind, the Edmonton EXPO Centre has deep roots in the community as a space to come together for amazing experiences.
With a vision to be one of North America’s top performing venues, we help our clients imagine the event possibilities and we provide the canvas to make it happen. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.”
We have an exciting temporary opportunity for an enthusiastic and organized professional to join our Sales team as a Sales Manager. This role will focus on securing new business in their respective territory with a strong focus on current business development, including renewing existing key accounts and promoting the Edmonton EXPO Centre as the destination for meetings, conventions and events!
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Responding to sales inquiries, prospects and qualifies leads and soliciting potential clients.
- Conducting site visits, preparing proposals, negotiating contracts and servicing accounts.
- Prospecting and follow-up on all tentative business.
- Responding to inquires from Edmonton Tourism by booking space, submitting proposals, contracts and monitoring their tentative space. As well as referring business leads to Edmonton Tourism when clients require hotel or other Tourism services.
- Assisting the Sr. Manager of Sales and Client Services in developing sales plans and strategies to meet or exceed established revenue goals.
- Providing statistical information and sales data on areas of market responsibility and assists with trend analysis.
- Producing monthly sales reports to include record of bookings and status, plus track all client’s activities for reports.
The successful candidate will have:
- A University degree or diploma in marketing, tourism, sales or hospitality.
- 3 – 5 years of related sales experience, preferably in large convention centres or hotels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve, be proactive, and adapt to a variety of tasks and priorities.
- Experience with strategic planning
If selected for an interview, the candidate will be asked to provide a 10-minute presentation during the interview.
We offer our Employees opportunities for personal and professional growth, benefits, complimentary and discounted food, free parking and a chance to be a part many exciting events and activities happening in Edmonton.
All candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide a 10-minute presentation during the interview.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. Please note this position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Click on the link below to apply.