Pastry Sous Chef
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
About the Venue
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre we are passionate culinarians who combine our devotion for the details, unbridled creativity, and commitment to our guests in delivering experiences worth celebrating. We are seeking a Pastry Sous Chef who has a comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, high volume production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation to share this passion.
About the Role
As Pastry Sous Chef, you will work closely with an accomplished and close-knit team to deliver unforgettable dining experiences to our guests and clients. You’ll work with quality ingredients to plan and develop spectacular dessert menu items for a wide range of events, as well as manage all aspects of the Pastry kitchen. Along side the Executive Chef and the Executive Sous Chef, you’ll lead and motivate the Pastry team, while developing both your leadership and cooking skills.
- At least 9 years of cooking experience, including 2 years of supervisory experience, preferably with a background in premier banquet catering, with a basic knowledge of working in a commercial pastry kitchen
- Extensive culinary knowledge and the will to keep your knowledge up to date by being fully aware of culinary trends and practices of the food industry in general
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both your team and colleagues
You’re adept at:
- Planning and developing menus for a wide range of occasions, including fine dining and volume catering
- Strong leader used to empowering and motivating a team. It’s essential that you can plan, organise and delegate effectively, as you and your team will be delivering for a large variety of events and occasions
- You’ll be committed to achieving high standards every day, making you a real asset to the Culinary team
- You’re ready to take on a new challenge
We offer our Employees opportunities for personal and professional growth, benefits, complimentary and discounted food, free parking and a chance to be a part many exciting events and activities happening in Edmonton.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.