Parking Cashier Supervisor
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
We are looking to recruit energetic, positive, customer service focused individuals to join our team. We offer our Employees opportunities for personal and professional growth, benefits, complimentary and discounted food, free parking and a chance to be a part many exciting events and activities happening in Edmonton.
Reporting the Assistant Manager, the Parking Cashier Supervisor will be responsible for the direct and indirect supervision of a team of Parking Cashiers to ensure cash handling policies and procedures are followed and our guests and client needs are met. Your team will provide ultimate service and courtesy to all guests from the time they enter our grounds until the time of departure. This is a part-time event- based position, shifts vary by event including weekdays, evenings and/or weekends.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Staff training, coaching, mentoring and general staff management to ensure that staff provide the best in first impressions and customer service standards
- Monitoring and supporting the resolution of customer issues
- Reinforcing exact cash till management by ensuring all cashiers are adhering to cash handling policies, procedures and protocols
- Preparing floats, sales sheets and reports
- Ensuring parking booth and surrounding areas are safe, clean and orderly
- Reporting any unusual security situations or equipment malfunctions
Our successful candidates will have:
- Prior supervisory and cashier experience
- Excellent customer service, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work with the public and clients and handle stressful situations appropriately
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays daytime, evening & weekends
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must posses a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have prior supervisory experience
- Must satisfactorily pass a Criminal Background and Drivers Abstract check
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by May 1st, 2019. Please click on the APPLY button to submit your resume.