Supervisor, Parking Attendants
Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, the Supervisor, Parking Attendants is responsible for the direct and indirect supervision of parking attendants to ensure the safe, efficient operations of our parking facilities and to ensure our guests and client needs. This is a part-time event- based position, shifts vary by event including weekdays, evenings and/or weekends.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Staff training, coaching, mentoring and general staff management to ensure that staff provide the best in first impressions and customer service standards
- Assigning work areas and delegating tasks to parking attendants
- Assigning breaks and assisting in scheduling
Parking Facility Operations:
- Activate/de-activate gate control arms at cashier booths
- Completing daily schedule and post-event reports
- Lift, position and remove barricades and signs to open or close parking areas
- Assisting employees in resolving problems, completing work and provide relief
- Monitoring surroundings to detect potential safety hazards.
- Reporting any unusual security situations or equipment malfunctions
Our successful candidates will have:
- Excellent customer service, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work with the public and clients and handle stressful situations appropriately
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to long periods of standing
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays daytime, evening & weekends
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must posses a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have prior supervisory experience
- Must satisfactorily pass a Criminal Background and Drivers Abstract check
- Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Must be able to work outdoors in all elements, stand for long periods of time and lift 10 KG
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by November 30, 2019 by clicking on the APPLY link.