Edmonton Economic Development Corp (EEDC) is now Explore Edmonton Corporation. As Edmonton’s visitor economy and venue management organization, we tell our City’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and generate inbound visitation.
Explore Edmonton promotes our city as a four-season destination with a determined focus:
- Purpose: Increase the economic impact of the visitor-based economy in Edmonton.
- Mission: To showcase and inspire more people to visit Edmonton for exceptional experiences, while also enriching the quality of life for residents and creating economic prosperity.
- Vision: Edmonton will be a destination of choice, delivering year-round transformational visitor & guest experiences.
Across our Visitor Economy, Venue Management and Shared Services groups, our people embody the spirit of Edmonton: open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. With two world-class venues, the know-how to enhance, execute and support major sport and cultural events, and the commitment to developing products and experiences that are authentic to Edmonton, we strive to make Edmonton unforgettable.
About our Venues
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
If you’re a passionate about Edmonton and committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience for guests and visitors, we want you to join our team!
We are looking for friendly, energetic, Parking Attendant with exceptional customer service skills to join our parking team at the Edmonton EXPO Centre. The Parking Attendant handles guiding vehicles into or through the parking lots and towards parking stalls. Your positive attitude, desire to put a full effort into your work, and a genuine care for the well-being of our guests is a must.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Directing motorists to parking areas or parking spaces, using hand signals or light batons as necessary
- Controlling traffic flow while ensuring the safety of guests, vehicles, and the parking area
- Ensuring parking passes are valid and issue loading/unloading passes
- Lifting, positioning, and removing barricades and signs to open or close parking areas
- Monitoring surroundings to detect potential safety hazards
- Maintaining cleanliness of work area
Our successful candidate will have:
- The ability to work with the public and clients and handle stressful situations appropriately
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays daytime, evening & weekends
- The ability to walk, stand and/or sit for long periods of time, work in various weather conditions
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume outlining your accomplishments, skills, and abilities by October 28, 2020 by clicking on the APPLY link.