Labourer 1 (Part-Time)
Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.
We are seeking an energetic, motivated, and hard-working Labourer 1 to join our team. Reporting to the Director, Facilities & Operations, the Labourer 1 is responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of the Edmonton EXPO Centre’s grounds and facilities. Additionally, they will be responsible for completing tasks in accordance with EEDC’s Health & Safety policies.
- Load and unload trucks, assist in moving tables, chairs, lumber and other materials
- Set up and tear-down of events and shows
- Perform a variety of landscaping and grounds maintenance; cultivate and tend flower beds, cut grass, sweep sidewalks
- Perform maintenance work in and around the EXPO Centre, such as removal of trash and debris, sweeping, application of snow melt or rock chip, snow removal from sidewalks and entrances to buildings, etc.
- Assist Labourer II, Labourer III, Equipment Operators and skilled trades as directed
- Perform other related work as required or assigned
Our successful candidate will have:
- Possess a valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license
- WHMIS Training and Certificate
- Landscape, gardening and maintenance experience
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Work indoors approximately 20% of the time and outdoors approximately 80% of the time
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by November 4, 2019 by clicking on the APPLY link.
Position covered by the Collective Agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), Local 30