Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.
- Ensuring all culinary and concession and corridor areas are cleaned and sanitized
- Cleaning, sanitizing and organizing all wash areas and equipment
- Sorting, polishing, cleaning and storing all dishware and silverware
- Ensuring all waste is disposed of efficiently and appropriately
Our successful candidate will have:
- High school diploma an asset
- 1-year experience in a Hotel/Convention setting with a medium to large commercial kitchen
- Ability to stand stand, walk, push, and lift for extended periods of time
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a fast paced and stressful environment
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by clicking on the APPLY link. Position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.