Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square-foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton EXPO Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre we are passionate culinarians who combine our devotion for the details, unbridled creativity, and commitment to our guests in delivering experiences worth celebrating. We are seeking a Kitchen Helper with comprehensive knowledge of cooking methods and preparations, high volume production, food safety and quality management to share their passion with the EXPO Culinary Team!
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparation and execution of Soups, Meats, Vegetables, Desserts, And Other Foodstuffs for Consumption while maintaining food safety standards and following EXPO specifications
- Managing food quality and productivity by keeping detailed records and minimizing waste
- Assisting other employees when required with culinary production, banquet setup, and assisting on action stations (carving).
- Taking on other duties when assigned by Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef with the right delegations
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- 1 year high volume kitchen or banquet operation experience
- Current Food Safety Certification
- Knowledgeable of safe food handling standards and has excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to assess operations, prioritize and multi task multiple services and timelines, and respond constructively to changing requirements and service or quality issues.
- Innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and stressful environment. Will be required to stand for extended periods, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
We offer our Employees opportunities for personal and professional growth, benefits, complimentary and discounted food, free parking and a chance to be a part many exciting events and activities happening in Edmonton.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by clicking on APPLY NOW before May 31, 2019.