Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.
- Preparation and execution of Soups, Meats, Vegetables, Desserts, And Other Foodstuffs for Consumption while maintaining food safety standards and following EXPO specifications
- Managing food quality and productivity by keeping detailed records and minimizing waste
- Assisting other employees when required with culinary production, banquet setup, and assisting on action stations (carving).
- Taking on other duties when assigned by Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef with the right delegations
Our successful candidate will have:
- 1 year high volume kitchen or banquet operation experience
- Current Food Safety Certification
- Knowledge of safe food handling standards and has excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to assess operations, prioritize and multi task multiple services and timelines, and respond constructively to changing requirements and service or quality issues.
- Innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and stressful environment. Will be required to stand for extended periods, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by clicking the APPLY link. Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.