K-Days Parking Cashier
Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square-foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton EXPO Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
We are looking for friendly, energetic, candidates with exceptional communication and customer service skills to join our parking team for the duration of K-Days. The Parking Cashier is responsible for the collection of daily event parking revenue while providing outstanding customer service by processing transactions efficiently and accurately.
To be a K-Days Parking Cashier, you must be available July 19 – 28, 2019 and be able to work a minimum of 8 shifts.
- Explain and calculate parking charges, collect fees from customers, and respond to customer complaints
- Control traffic flow while ensuring the safety of guests, vehicles and the parking areas
- Count and package revenues, fill our forms and deliver to supervisor
- Ensure parking passes are valid and suitable for the event
- Monitor surroundings and report all unusual situations
Our successful candidates will have:
- The ability to walk, stand and/or sit for long periods of time; work in various weather conditions
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays daytime, evening & weekends
- The ability to work with the public and clients and handle stressful situations appropriately
- Previous cashier experience is preferred but no necessary
- The ability to satisfactorily pass a Criminal Background
- Must be at 18 years or older
If this opportunity energizes you and highlights your strengths, then we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills, interests and experience no later than by June 29, 2019 selecting the apply button.