K-Days Parking Cashier Supervisor
Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square-foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton EXPO Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
We are looking for friendly, energetic, candidates with exceptional communication and customer service skills to join our parking team for the duration of K-Days. The Parking Cashier Supervisor is responsible for will be responsible for the direct and indirect supervision of a team of Parking Cashiers to ensure cash handling policies and procedures are followed and our guests and client needs are met.
To be a K-Days Parking Cashier Supervisor, you must be available July 19 – 28, 2019 and be able to work a minimum of 8 shifts.
- Staff training, coaching, mentoring and general staff management to ensure that staff provide the best in first impressions and customer service standards
- Monitoring and supporting the resolution of customer issues
- Reinforcing exact cash till management by ensuring all cashiers are adhering to cash handling policies, procedures and protocols
- Preparing floats, sales sheets and reports
- Ensuring parking booth and surrounding areas are safe, clean and orderly
- Reporting any unusual security situations or equipment malfunctions
Our successful candidates will have:
- Prior supervisory and cashier experience
- Excellent customer service, leadership and communication skills
- The ability to work with the public and clients and handle stressful situations appropriately
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays daytime, evening & weekends
- The ability to walk, stand and/or sit for long periods of time; work in various weather conditions
- The ability to satisfactorily pass a Criminal Background and Drivers Abstract check
- 18 years or older
- Valid Class 5 Drivers Licence
If this opportunity energizes you and highlights your strengths, then we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills, interests and experience no later than by June 29, 2019 by selecting the apply button.