K-Days Parking Attendant
Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square-foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton EXPO Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
We are looking for friendly, energetic, candidates with exceptional customer service skills to join our parking team for the duration of K-Days. The Parking Attendant is responsible for guiding vehicles into or through the parking lots and towards parking stalls. You will also be responsible for providing a high level of general customer service. Your positive attitude, desire to put a full effort into your work at all times, and a genuine care for the well being of our guests is a must.
To be a K-Days Parking Cashier, you must be available July 19 – 28, 2019 and be able to work a minimum of 8 shifts.
- Direct motorists to parking areas or parking spaces, using hand signals or light batons as necessary
- Control traffic flow while ensuring the safety of guests, vehicles and the parking area
- Ensure parking passes are valid and issue loading/unloading passes
- Lift, position and remove barricades and signs to open or close parking areas
- Monitor surroundings to detect potential safety hazards
- Maintain cleanliness of work area
Our successful candidate will have:
- The ability to work with the public and clients and handle stressful situations appropriately
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays daytime, evening & weekends
- The ability to walk, stand and/or sit for long periods of time; work in various weather conditions
If this opportunity energizes you and highlights your strengths, then we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills, interests and experience no later than by June 29, 2019 selecting the apply button.