Human Resources Advisor (6 Month Term)
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Corporate Division is made up of key business enablers and trusted business partners who provide governance, advice and scalable solutions for the organization through partnerships, collaboration, innovation and leadership to ensure the best possible experience. In short, we make things easy for EEDC’s operating divisions.
The passion, commitment and expertise of our HR team allows us to deliver outstanding HR services to our business units and we’re looking for a confident and collaborative temporary HR Advisor (6 month Term) to help support our goals. Working out of both the Edmonton EXPO and Edmonton Convention Centres,￼￼ this individual will work closely with Human Resources Business Partners to support the timely delivery of HR services across the full employee lifecycle, including end-to-end recruitment, performance management and HR generalist support.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Human Resources to:
- Support the HR Business Partner function by providing generalist HR support and advice to Managers
- Support the Venue HR Business Partners in workplace mediations and investigations
- Manage Employee Relations matters in conjunction with the HR Business Partner
- Provide full cycle recruitment advice and support to management
- Support the Venue HR Business Partners to implement initiatives that improve the recruitment, performance, engagement, safety and well being of staff
- Provide advice to management and employees on leave and disability policies and processes
- Work with the Human Resources team to review, improve and document team processes
- Assist with other Human Resources and organization wide projects as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in related field including; Human Resource, Business Administration and Management
- 1 years’ previous experience in an HR Advisor position and 2 – 3 years previous experience in an HR generalist position
- A strong customer service focus with a pro-active approach to problem solving
- The ability to, and experience in, handling complex performance management and employee relations matters
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with the ability to build relationships across all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- A hands-on approach and a can-do attitude with the ability to work in a fast paced, growing and changing environment
- Flexibility with ability to adjust approach and style
- Demonstrates, professionalism when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and abilities by July 31, 2019. Click on the link below to apply.