Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Corporate Division is made up of key business enablers and trusted business partners who provide governance, advice and scalable solutions for the organization through partnerships, collaboration, innovation and leadership to ensure the best possible experience. In short, we make things easy for EEDC’s operating divisions.
The passion, commitment and expertise of our HR team allows us to deliver outstanding HR services to our business units. We currently have an opportunity for 1 HR Generalists to support our goals.
Reporting to a Human Resources Business Partner, the HR Generalist will leverage strong relationship, customer service and advisory skills to support the timely delivery of HR services across our organization. Areas of focus include but are not limited to; talent acquisition, performance management, employee and labour relations and recruitment. Key stakeholders include staff and leadership teams across multiple functions.
The successful individual will collaborate with the HR Business Partner to:
- Provide advice and support covering a range of areas including governance, employee and labour relations, employee investigations, performance and leave management and problem resolution.
- Consult and coach operational management on people decisions (e.g., recruitment, employee development, employee relations) to ensure that they align with EEDC people strategies.
- Support the recruiting function, by working with operational departments to attract high quality talent.
- Liaise with HR Leadership and HR Operations to ensure consistent application and adherence to company policies, procedures and practices.
- Support and promote a healthy work environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in related field including; Human Resource, Business Administration and Management
- Minimum of 3 years’ related HR generalist experience.
- A strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated independent management of employee and labour relations, progressive discipline and employee investigations
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge advising in a values-based organization
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to adapt approach to meet needs of audience
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and influence stakeholders
- Adept at forging a collaborative approach and aligning team members/resources
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to identify a key issue, gather information and determine appropriate solutions
- A hands-on approach and a can-do attitude with the ability to work in a fast paced, growing and changing environment
- Ability to apply a high degree of discretion, confidence and good judgement when handling sensitive, personal and confidential information
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Click on the link below to apply.