Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.
Under the direction of the Sous Chef, the Head Baker is responsible for the preparation and baking of various baked goods. The Head Baker monitors the feel, taste, smell, color, texture and garnishments of prepared baked goods and informs subordinates of necessary adjustments to maintain quality standards and presentation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing and baking bread, baked goods, pies, cakes, tarts, French pastries, desserts, and other Foodstuffs for safe consumption, following EXPO specifications
- Feeling, tasting and examining appearance of food prepared and cooked by subordinates and informing staff of necessary adjustments
- Ensuring correct and timely distribution of food or product to required location
- Manages food quality and productivity by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste
- Communicates with Sous Chef as per requirements and production schedules
Our successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in a high-volume kitchen or banquet operational experience
- Red Seal Journeyman certification
- Post-secondary education, with a degree in Culinary or Hospitality management preferred
- Excellent organizational, multi tasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed sense of taste and smell will be an asset
- Valid Food Safety Certification
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by clicking on the APPLY link. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.