Guest Experience Event Staff
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
We are currently seeking energetic, friendly, passionate and, customer service driven Event Staff to help us deliver superior quality events. This includes being a supporter and brand ambassador for the city and venue while welcoming guests, providing information/direction, selling and scanning tickets, addressing guest concerns and maintaining a safe work environment.
Who are You?
· You are energetic, friendly and deeply passionate about providing world class guest experiences
· You are excited about working in a dynamic venue setting with a variety of different clients both internal and external
· You thrive in a respectful and collaborative environment and enjoy working both independently and as part of a team
· You have excellent customer service, leadership and communication skills
· You are patient and can communicate with the guests and clients with discretion, diplomacy and tact when handling sensitive situations.
· You can work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to long periods of standing
· You can work a flexible schedule including weekdays daytime, evening & weekends
· You are looking for an opportunity to develop new skills with the potential for advancement with hard work!
· You thrive while learning new things and take delight in solving problems
· You have knowledge of the City of Edmonton and local attractions
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please apply with your cover letter and resume, letting us know why this position interests you by February 28, 2020. Please click on the APPLY button to submit your resume.