Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000-square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. The versatile infrastructure supports events from large-scale trade and consumer shows, to conferences and private social events all while maintaining a personal service approach. The Edmonton Expo Centre is ready to revolutionize events with clarity, enthusiasm and success.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre we are passionate culinarians who combine our devotion for the details, unbridled creativity, and commitment to our guests in delivering experiences worth celebrating. We are seeking a Chief Steward who is driven by a passion to serve people and enrich their lives through the experiences we create.
The Chief Steward will manage the daily kitchen utility operation and stewarding operations of the Edmonton EXPO Centre. This will include dish room operations, night cleaning and maintenance, and banquet and catering set up. They will oversee the entire stewarding team whom will clean and sanitize all flatware, glassware, silverware, and store them in designated area(s).
- Prepare schedules for all stewarding employees on a weekly basis
- Coach all members of the stewarding team in defined performance standards, to create WOW moments for the customer in banquet, buffet, and action station setups and exceed guest expectations
- Supervise the washing and cleaning of all silverware, china, service ware, and equipment
- Participate in departmental planning, organizing, inventory control and event preparation
- Manage the final breakdown of functions; ensuring the event room and equipment is cleaned, all items and equipment are sanitized and operational, and storage rooms are properly organized
- Monitors and trains employees to ensure all wastes are disposed efficiently and appropriately
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by arranging for repairs and preventative maintenance of work equipment, ensuring work areas are kept clean and orderly and health and safety standards are met
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma an asset
- Extensive knowledge of working in a commercial kitchen, banquet service, and buffet/action station setup is an asset
- Able to delegate tasks to entire Stewarding team (up to 25 people)
- Proven record in delivering operating results in high volume operations
- Competent in the use of a computer including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
We offer our Employees opportunities for personal and professional growth, benefits, complimentary and discounted food, free parking and a chance to be a part many exciting events and activities happening in Edmonton.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.