Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
At the Edmonton EXPO Centre, we invite guests and clients to Experience More. We do this by hiring the best of the best: a proud team of experienced facility operators, culinary service experts, event and guest services staff, security personnel, sales managers and marketers. Our people are what makes the Edmonton EXPO Centre a preferred destination for more than 400 events per year and over 1.5 million guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering an authentic event experience, we want you to join our team.
- Serving food and beverage to guests while offering professional, friendly and engaging service
- Completing table set up and banquet prep work and attend service meetings prior to the banquet functions
- Familiarizing self with order of service, menu and serving style for assigned functions
- Maintaining the cleanliness of your workstation, clearing tables and returning equipment to respective clearing stations
- Maintaining a high standard of safety and cleanliness in all areas of the EXPO Centre; this includes reporting all damaged equipment and hazards and maintaining familiarity with safety procedures
- Performing cashier duties as required; including receiving cash floats, performing deposits and reconciliations
Our successful candidate will have:
- Valid ProServe Certification
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication and problem solving with strong attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and develop great working relationships with other departments
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, and heavy lifting is sometimes required
If this opportunity appeals to you and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by October 18, 2019 by clicking on the APPLY link.