Assistant Chief Kitchen Steward
Edmonton Economic Development cultivates energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton Economy. The Edmonton EXPO Centre, which is owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by Edmonton Economic Development (EEDC), is a 522,000 square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events. We boast having Edmonton’s largest commercial kitchen facility.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another”. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Under the direction of the Chief Steward, the Assistant Chief Kitchen Steward will lead the Kitchen Stewards in maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and designated area(s). This includes ensuring EXPO Centre consistently meets and exceeds Alberta Health Services ‘Serving Safer Food’. Our ideal candidate will also be passionate about delivering great customer experiences and enthusiastic to be part our team.
The Assistant Chief Kitchen Steward’s main responsibilities include:
- Assisting in providing strong leadership for the steward team members by;
- Ensuring the team has the necessary resources to meet job satisfaction and service quality
- Assigning job tasks
- Assisting in supervising, training and development, scheduling, performance management and recruitment
- Ensuring all equipment is operating in a safe and efficient manner by;
- Ensuring dishwashers and cleaning tools are operating at their optimum potential
- Promptly reporting defective equipment and following up on repair
- Assisting in training and development to ensure the;
- Safe operation of equipment
- Safe use and disposal of chemicals and waste
- Supervising staff to ensure;
- The overall cleanliness of the kitchen and designated areas
- All service areas are properly set
- Assisting the Chief Steward to complete regular equipment and inventory counts
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in a supervisory experience
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- The ability to:
- Work a flexible work schedule and able to work mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, while remaining calm and courteous
- Work cohesively as part of a team
- Focus attention on guests needs
- Certification in Food Safe and WHMIS
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- CPR and First Aid Certification an asset
- Protect and Proserve certification an asset
If this great opportunity sparks your interest, we want to hear from you! Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please click Apply Now to complete application.