Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Make an Impact,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Edmonton EXPO Centre is a 522,000 square foot facility in central Edmonton designed for large trade and consumer shows, conventions, and special events.
We are looking for friendly, energetic, candidates with exceptional customer service skills to join our banquet team. The Banquet Server is responsible for follow through with the proper and timely set-up and execution of all banquet events and for providing positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Serving food and beverage to guests while offering professional, friendly and engaging service
- Completing table set up and banquet prep work and attend service meetings prior to the banquet functions
- Familiarizing self with order of service, menu and serving style for assigned functions
- Maintaining the cleanliness of your work station, clearing tables and returning equipment to respective clearing stations
- Maintaining a high standard of safety and cleanliness in all areas of the EXPO Centre; this includes reporting all damaged equipment and hazards and maintaining familiarity with safety procedures
- Performing cashier duties as required; including receiving cash floats, performing deposits and reconciliations
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Our ideal candidate will have:
- ProServe Certification
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication and problem solving with strong attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and develop great working relationships with other departments
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, and heavy lifting is sometimes required
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by clicking on APPLY NOW.
Note: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.